Is English that important for Lebanese Designers?

By Lebdesigner - May 24, 2018

Is English that important for Lebanese Designers?


I love to communicate with others, get to know new people, listen to them, to their success stories, funny moments and their problems. And I enjoy helping others, maybe give them some ideas as solutions

There is a little bridge between that and my major. I studied Graphic Design and I earned my master degree in 2016. Design it is all about finding solution to problems, and projecting the message through visuals. But honestly all what was making university and school worse is
ENGLISH!!

I really hate language. I think it is a waste of time. I do not see a sense of someone learning English, French or even Arabic as a major in university!

We all grow up in a certain culture where they teach us how to speak and write, so at the end the logic, you need to learn something new, why going deep into a certain language:P

You can feel the problem through my English here, which is not THAT BAD!! OK!

Through time, I asked many of my surroundings,

HOW SHOULD I MAKE MY SELF BETTER IN ENGLISH!?

The answer was watch movies, do conversations, read music lyrics…

This is a bad myth, because I did all that and I do not see any improvements!

At least I stand up and say I am not that good but I want to learn! I want to write! I want to tell stories! And I can’t, I feel there is something missing! I need more time to reach a level where I can write, or sing: P

Let me tell you something. English is very important not just for high school or university. Not just for international meetings! It is the universal language and it is used in catalogues, billboard, posters, videos, social media platforms, it is used so everyone can understand. And as a designer, I need to write a title for my poster, or a copy in a magazine in English because my target is not just the people living in my country, maybe the people visiting as well! ( it is not my job to do the copy, as a designer I am responsible for my design and not the copy, the person who write the copy is the copywriter or it might be provided by the client. But it will be great if I had the power to do it :P )

Dam, this is great J I feel relief, I know I am talking to my self here:P but dam this is good :P

There is once a person in my class wrote an essay and said the following:
“ when his name becomes his name…” what was that!! Yeah, and he say he is good in English :P

↓ !Conclusion! ↓

Dear all, 
do not skip English classes even if you are engineers, designers, doctors, architects…, you might use this power someday to be at your side and not on the opposite. As in an interview, if someone is speaking English better than you, he might think you are not smart, you are not cultured, you are not creative, you are not at the level,… 

Regarding me, i will keep writing here, and reading to as better as i can :)

Benefit from every second when learning english in high school so you can get pitches in life :)


Hope you like it, kindly for any questions, ask me in the comment, or by email: Khaterbruno@gmail.com.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

تعليم برامج الادوبي

مرحبا   . بلشت نزل فيديوات باللغة العربية قناتي في اليوتيوب لتعليم   برامج الادوية. لمزيد من المعلومات  رجاء تسجيل في القنات الفيديوات  للمب...

Watch this small video about IDL